Ricciardo: "Verstappen has no tricks, he is just extremely fast"
By Moritz Voss 11 October 2020 | 13:11
Daniel Ricciardo does not think Alexander Albon should work on his set-up at Red Bull Racing, Max Verstappen is simply extremely talented. The former teammate of the Limburger praises Verstappen and at the same time stands up for his teammate.
Ricciardo remembers well from his Red Bull time that racing against Max Verstappen is no fun. The Australian shares some details with L'Equipe. “The difference with Verstappen and his teammates generally has nothing to do with the set-up of the Red Bull car. Max is just really fast. I also drove with his set-ups, but then there wasn't much difference in my own lap times."
Ricciardo puts Albon's lap times in perspective
Where Albon sometimes looks bewildered at Max's lap times, Ricciardo thinks there is nothing magical about it. "Max doesn't do tricks or magic, he's just fast. That is the point. Max is one of, if not the best, driver in the field. If you have to compete against that as a young talent like Albon, that is difficult. You have to be able to stand firm. So you also have to realize that Albon's performance may not be that bad at all." (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.