Verstappen after Friday without free practice: "It was actually quite fun this way".
By Dennis Schnitzler 09 October 2020 | 20:45
Max Verstappen is quite happy with the fact that both free practice sessions on Friday were cancelled. The less training there is before a Grand Prix starts, the more fun the race will be. For the race at the Nürburgring only one hour of training will be done with the loss of Friday.
"I don't really care", said Verstappen at Sky Sports, when he was asked how bad he felt about Friday. In fact, the Red Bull Racing driver is excited: "It's actually quite fun like this, making the whole weekend more difficult and interesting!"
Better weather conditions are expected in the Eiffel on Saturday and Sunday. Fog benches disrupted the view of the medical helicopter and the FIA decided to keep the drivers inside. "So it was purely for safety reasons", explains Michael Masi of the safety body.
Fans stand for hours in the rain for nothing
It is a shame for all those fans who have traveled to the German circuit. The fanatical supporters stood for hours in the rain and cold to see the drivers in action at the Nürburgring, but in the end none of the teams actually got out to drive a few meters. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool/Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.