Verstappen accepts Red Bull's plans: "Whoever sits next to me, I can beat them anyway"
By Moritz Voss 15 September 2020 | 10:33
Max Verstappen says he is satisfied with the current driver line-up at Red Bull Racing. Via ORF, the Dutchman admitted after the Grand Prix of Tuscany that he currently has little use for an experienced teammate.
"I don't need that anymore", the Red Bull Racing driver begins his interview with while talking to the Austrian medium. Verstappen explains: "I could have probably used that in my first seasons with the team, but now I know very well what needs to be done."
As it turns out, with his statements Verstappen agrees with the management of Red Bull: "Helmut Marko and Christian Horner have also indicated that they do not see any point in changing the driver's line-up. I am satisfied with that. Whoever sits next to me, I can beat them anyway."
Albon has access to the data from Verstappen in his first full season at Red Bull. The Dutchman has no problems with that at all: "I'm always open to that and all my data is available in that respect."
But when Verstappen is asked whether it goes further than that, he notes that this is not common in Formula 1: "Helping really is another story. That doesn't really happen in sports." (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 16:07 ‘Verstappen will want to achieve good result at all costs’
- 14:34 Wolff: "Strong qualification pace can be used against us in Sochi"
- 12:56 Red Bull's Honda engine won't get upgrades for rest of the year
- 11:33 Saudi Arabia on the Formula 1 calendar of 2021
- 11:07 Abiteboul: "If Alonso raises something, we'll have to listen"