Verstappen searches for the right balance in RB16: "Prefer the back a bit looser"
By Robert McGillivray 31 July 2020 | 10:17
Max Verstappen is still looking for the right balance in the RB16, as became clear after the Hungarian Grand Prix. This weekend the first Grand Prix in Great Britain is scheduled, followed by two more races, so it's important for Red Bull Racing to get the car in order quickly.
The Dutchman himself prefers his car to steers in well, says Verstappen opposite RacingNews365. "The back can be a bit looser, but you have to have a stable car. In general, I'd rather have a bit of oversteer than understeer," says the Red Bull driver.
"You always have to find the right balance"
Due to the changeable weather conditions in Hungary, it was difficult to find the right setup. "In the rain, you want to have a balance that is a bit more forgiving. So not a car that is too aggressive at the front. But if you have too much understeer, it won't work either. You always have to find the right balance", concludes Verstappen. (Source: Red Bull Content Pool/Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.