Verstappen: 'I broke my front wing during my fast lap'
By Thorsten Hendriks 03 July 2020 | 17:30
Max Verstappen put himself in the picture after the second free practice session. Although the Red Bull Racing driver had some spins during the first two practice sessions, he is satisfied with how the day went.
'I think we had a good day. The lap times don't say everything because I broke my front wing during my fast lap', the Dutchman remarks.
Red Bull Racing is coming up with an improved version of the car we saw in Barcelona. Verstappen knows that the team has done a good job: 'We have confidence in it'.
Verstappen wants more
Verstappen wouldn't be Verstappen if he didn't always to strive for more. This becomes clear again on the Red Bull Ring: 'Of course we can always do better but in general we had a good day. I look forward to tomorrow.' (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool/Getty Images)
Verstappen: I think it was a good day. The lap times they don't really say anything because I broke my front wing in the fast lap but I think we are confident. There are always things that you can do better. Overall it was a good day and looking forward to tomorrow.— Junaid #JB17 (@JunaidSamodien_) July 3, 2020
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"