Marko: "Verstappen said he is terrified of the coronavirus"
By Tomas Mota 23 maart 2020 | 11:39
The corona virus keeps things going. The drivers and team members are all very careful not to get infected with COVID-19. Marko opens up about his pupil Max Verstappen. "He told me on the phone that he was terrified of getting infected."
Reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton in all ways denies that he has been infected, but his thirteen years younger competitor goes a step further. The young Dutchman is safely tucked away in his Playseat at home.
There he is safe and far away from all sources of contamination. On Friday, Verstappen said to Ziggo Sport that he stayed inside with the dangerous virus. "On that note, I'll order my food from home". This seems to support Marko's statement.
Marko: "Best if Verstappen gets infected now"
Marko can laugh about it. "It would be best if Max got infected now. At the age of 22 he does not take any risks, but after that he is at least immune to the disease and ready to fight for the world championship", he winks in his conversation with the Austrian Krone. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool)
- 13:33 Mercedes invention helps corona patients: "Process reduced from years to days"
- 12:43 Video | Lando Norris vs F1 fans
- 10:44 F1's survival in danger: "You will soon need participants"
- 10:40 Verstappen declined FOM invitation: ‘Max is not used to that’
- 10:31 Marko: "We talked about infecting the drivers"