Verstappen explains: ‘They are just less concerned with that’
By Srihari HS 21 March 2020 | 14:00
Max Verstappen is not averse to getting behind the virtual steering wheel. The Dutchman came into action four times last week and will take part in sim race world once again this weekend. It is striking that only drivers such as Verstappen and Lando Norris can be found behind the sim racing. Verstappen offered an explanation of how it works.
Sim racing is a completely different world and cannot be compared to real racing. Rudy van Buren is a good example of this. The Red Bul driver talks a lot with Van Buuren now that the Formula 1 season has stopped. “I’ve been in quite a lot of contact with Rudy, with Rudolph, the last few days. His nickname (Rudolph) Sounds nicer, doesn’t it?” Verstappen joked.
“You need to understand what you’re doing.”
Verstappen is one of the few F1 drivers who drives in sim races. The Dutchman puts a lot of time into this, and it is necessary. “You have to drive a lot, and you have to understand what you are doing,” Verstappen said. “I think Rudy is doing very well with that and understands well. There is a difference there. Some guests are just a little less concerned with that,” Verstappen concluded. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 26/09 Verstappen: "Made some adjustments for my second run"
- 26/09 Update | Hamilton doesn't get a penalty and starts on pole, Verstappen will be P2
- 26/09 Hamilton takes pole with outstanding lap, Verstappen in extremis gets P2
- 26/09 Report FP3 | Hamilton fastest, Renault quick again, Verstappen sixth
- 26/09 Wolff admits: "There have been initial discussions for role CEO F1"