Jos: 'Max was just watching his steering wheel and Stroll released the gas'
By Srihari HS 15 May 2018 | 08:23
Speaking at Ziggo Sport’s Peptalk, Jos Verstappen revealed that the collision between Max Verstappen and Lance Stroll was a combination of circumstances when the race restarted after the virtual safety car.
"I called Max about this," father Jos said while speaking with Jack van Gelder. "Because I don’t want to say nonsense here. Max was watching his steering wheel when the race was getting ready for the restart. Then he got a green signal on his steering wheel. Exactly at that moment Stroll released his gas, Max said. Stroll probably wanted to leave Max behind. Unfortunate, but fortunately it ended well."
- 10:54 La Gazzetta dello Sport reveals details on Vettel's transfer to Aston Martin
- 09:49 Horner: "On average we're three to four-tenths behind Mercedes"
- 09:45 RTL Deutschland: Hülkenberg will drive for Racing Point this weekend
- 05/08 Ricciardo: "A lot of respect for how Verstappen has grown"
- 05/08 Update II | Decision on Racing Point expected on Friday