Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
By Dennis Schnitzler 12 October 2020 | 13:46
Helmut Marko would like to take over the engines from Honda. The Grazer is looking with Dietrich Mateschitz for a new engine supplier, but those options seem to be limited. If it is up to Marko, Red Bull will still ride Honda engines after 2021, but under the care of the Austrians.
"We would prefer, provided the talks are positive, to take over Honda's intellectual property and then prepare the engines at Milton Keynes," said Marko to AvD Motorsport Magazine at Sport1.de. But this will only be possible if the development of the engines are frozen from the first race on in 2022.
Red Bull two steps away from acquisition Honda engines
Marko continues: "We need a decision on this from the FIA as soon as possible. If the decision is positive, the next step is to find an agreement with Honda. We have several buildings and halls in Milton Keynes, including Honda, and we are currently checking where we could implement it," says the Red Bull consultant. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool/Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.