Doornbos about Albon: "They're really not going to appreciate that at Red Bull".
By Dennis Schnitzler 11 October 2020 | 18:20
Robert Doornbos does not have one good word to say about Alexander Albon's performance at the Eifel Grand Prix. The Red Bull Racing driver complained on the on-board radio why his competition was racing so hard against him: a comment that will not go down well with the Austrian racing team.
Albon's actions at the Nürburgring almost caused a crash with Daniel Ricciardo and fatal damage to Daniil Kvyat's car, according to Doornbos, says Ziggo Sport." Ricciardo's race could have been prematurely ended by him. Later he also cut Kvyat off", says the former F1 drive
"It was just a very bad day for Albon," adds Doornbos. However, the low point for the Thai Brit was not the collisions with other drivers: "That was that on-board radio, at the time. 'They're racing too fast against me', they're not going to appreciate that at Red Bull!"
No response from Albon after disappointing race
After another disappointing result, Albon seemed handy to avoid the press. Max Verstappen's team mate was out of the race due to technical problems, but had a bad race before that. With zero points brought in from Germany, the rumor carousel about the future of the driver at Red Bull is back on the air. (Photo: Ziggo Sport)
Onboard radio Albon: 'They race so hard against me'.
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.