Albon disappointed: "I really don't know what it was today"
By Tomas Mota 11 October 2020 | 17:59
Alexander Albon no longer knows what is going on at the track. The Red Bull Racing driver is disappointed with his performance, but can confirm that his failure during the Eifel Grand Prix was due to a failing Honda engine.
"Yes, it was a problem with the Honda power unit", Albon confirms to Sky Sports after the race. The driver was very disappointed with his race, where all kinds of things happened that he was not satisfied with. "I just really don't know what it was today", he says.
From lap one, the race of Max Verstappen's teammate had already spiralled into an unpleasant experience. "The locked wheels ruined my race right away", Albon explains. "That made us very slow in the initial phase, I had big flat spots on my tires."
Albon's bad performance not blamed on the RB16
Although the Japanese motor manufacturer's power unit was the cause of his outage, Albon does not blame the problems during the race on the RB16. "I'm sure the car was good today", he explains to the British sports medium. He himself admits that he made a number of mistakes during the Grand Prix at the Nürburgring. The disappointed driver kept it short and quickly left the circuit after a few words. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.