Steiner: "I hope for Grosjean and Magnussen that they are talking to other teams"
By Dennis Schnitzler 11 October 2020 | 09:44
The team of Haas seems to choose two new drivers for next year. Gunther Steiner said in an interview that the current drivers, Kevin Magnussen and Romain Grosjean, are very uncertain of a seat for next year. After all, there are many good drivers without seats in 2021.
It is no secret that experienced drivers as well as talents are knocking on the door of the Haas F1 team for a seat in 2021. Sergio Perez and Nico Hülkenberg, for example, would be interested in a contract with the American privateer, but a deal can also be made with Ferrari regarding her up-and-coming talents. Then there is Nikita Mazepin, who is rumored to get a seat when his wealthy father buys a share package.
Haas team boss Gunther Steiner is very honest and considers the chances of his current drivers staying on as very small. "So I hope Romain and Kevin talk to other teams", he says, talking to Motorsport-total.com. "They really need to start looking around now, I wouldn't be angry at all if they were doing that a lot right now. We're already planning for next season, so they should too". (Picture: Haas F1 Team)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.