Leclerc: "Took it easy at first, but now I go full throttle every session"
By Tomas Mota 10 October 2020 | 17:14
Charles Leclerc is very satisfied with his performance in qualifying at the Nürburgring. The Ferrari driver was able to qualify on the second row of the grid alongside Max Verstappen after changing his approach in 2020.
"Normally I start the weekend slowly, but now I just go full throttle", says the Monégasque at Ziggo Sport. "From the start of the first practice until the end of the race I am at my fastest." Leclerc was able to qualify fourth, while teammate Sebastian Vettel will be starting P11 on the grid tomorrow.
Yet Ferrari is far from sure to get a good result. "Tomorrow we will fall completely into the deep end", says Leclerc, referring to the little training time the teams had in the preparations. The Eifel Grand Prix will be held after just an hour of practice and a few laps in qualifying.
Leclerc: "The upgrades helped"
According to the Ferrari driver, the planned upgrades were beneficial for the team. The Scuderia previously announced that an improved SF1000 would run in Germany. "These helped us in the right direction. We focus on a small piece of progress every weekend. In any case, it works well for now", says Leclerc. (Photo: Ferrari F1 Media)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.