Hamilton jokes after talking with Verstappen: "We had a fight the whole time"
By Tomas Mota 10 October 2020 | 17:10
Lewis Hamilton will not start the Eifel Grand Prix in pole position, but in second place instead. The Briton was unable to beat his teammate Valtteri Bottas in qualifying. Jack Plooij saw that Hamilton and Max Verstappen, starting from third position, had a big discussion with each other.
"We had a fight the whole time", Hamilton jokes, who then seriously goes intoJack Plooij's question at Ziggo Sport: "Max did great during qualifying, as he always does. He's gotten updates, which are bringing him a little closer. That's great, because it means it won't be easy to beat him. Maybe they are faster than us during the race."
"Of course that makes it more difficult"
Hamilton is satisfied with the two-day system. "I like it very much, I prefer it. It saves 22 days in a year, so that's good", said Hamilton, who missed pole position. The Mercedes driver does not know whether this is due to this system. "I still have to find out. Of course that makes it more difficult, but I think it is much more exciting", Hamilton concludes.
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.