Verstappen: "New Red Bull parts feel good, maybe there was more in it"
By Tomas Mota 10 October 2020 | 17:05
Max Verstappen's good result in qualifying at the Nürburgring was partly due to the updates from Red Bull Racing, the Dutchman explains tp Ziggo Sport. A number of small changes have improved the racing team's performance, but understeer threw a spanner in the works of pole position at the Eifel Grand Prix.
"Those new parts felt very good", commented Verstappen at the qualifying session. Despite the improvement, however, it was still not completely optimal: "We still suffered from understeer, which had been the case all day. Maybe there was more to it."
The cold weather made the situation worse. "As a result, you cannot take the speed with you that you normally take", explains the Limburger. "But yes, in the end they (Mercedes) are still faster than we are. I don't know what to expect tomorrow."
Podium at the Nürburgring is the goal
Although Red Bull seems a contender for the victory in Germany, Verstappen still nuances it a bit. "A podium is the goal", he says. Everything that comes on top of that is a bonus. "But no one really has any information about tomorrow, so we'll see."
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.