Bottas surprised with pole: "Nice feeling when you get it done in the last lap"
By Tomas Mota 10 October 2020 | 16:38
Valtteri Bottas is surprised with his pole position for the Grand Prix of the Eifel. Lewis Hamilton missed some time and did not get further than second place. Both Mercedes drivers can look back on qualifying with satisfaction, after not having had an easy weekend.
"It's such a nice feeling when you get it done in the last lap, and it is the last chance", Bottas said after qualifying. "The last lap in Q3 was perfect, just what I needed. It was quite difficult this weekend. Tomorrow's only goal is to win. Hopefully I can make a good start", said the Finn.
"I'm sure when I look at the data, there will have been enough time missed by me. Valtteri is two tenths ahead of me, but he did a great job, so congratulations to him", said Hamilton. "There is a lot to play for tomorrow, so I have to stay focused", the Brit concludes.
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.