Stroll misses FP3 and possible qualification, Hulkenberg potential replacement
By Dennis Schnitzler 10 October 2020 | 13:26
Lance Stroll called in sick for the third free practice session of the Eifel Grand Prix, Racing Point reported at the start of the session on Saturday afternoon. The driver will be given a medical check, after which it will be determined if he will qualify at the Nürburgring.
The team of the "pink Mercedes" has not yet appointed a replacement for Stroll. So only Sergio Perez will be in action during the first and last practice sessions of the Grand Prix weekend: the first two free practice sessions were cancelled due to the thick fog above the track.
Should Stroll not be able to participate in qualifying either, there is no immediate replacement for the Canadian. Last time a driver from Racing Point was unable to race, Nico Hulkenberg was allowed to fill in. Perez was tested positive for the coronavirus at the time.
Hülkenberg may already have been called
According to Motorsport, Hulkenberg has reportedly already been called by Racing Point. This could mean that the German will be able to drive a home race and enter for the third time in 2020. The Hulk raided at Silverstone during the two Grands Prix, but was only able to actually start one of these two weekends. (Photo: Racing Point F1)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.