Binotto has good news for Ferrari fans towards 2021: "Good feedback"
By Dennis Schnitzler 10 October 2020 | 12:20
Finally, some good news for Ferrari fans. The Italian superpower is having an unprecedented hard time this season, but better times are expected for next season. The engine for 2021 has been doing well on the test bench for a while now, according to team boss Mattia Binotto.
"We'll have a completely new engine for next year", says Binotto at Motorsport.com. "That engine has been running well on the test bench for months, giving us good feedback. There will also be new rules on aerodynamics".
"These rules will force almost everyone to take a new look at their cars and these are all aspects that we need to look at in order to do better next season".
But Ferrari fans shouldn't expect miracles. "Closing the gap to Mercedes is almost impossible, but the goal is to be much more competitive than we are at the moment".
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.