Tost: "Want to have the same power unit as Red Bull"
By Dennis Schnitzler 09 October 2020 | 16:20
Franz Tost doesn't see any possibility of using an engine other than Red Bull Racing with AlphaTauri. Following Honda's announcement that it is leaving Formula 1, the two teams do not yet have an engine supplier for the 2021 season and are therefore still looking for a manufacturer.
"We want to have the same power unit as Red Bull Racing", said Tost at the press conference at the Nürburgring. A possibility that the sister team will continue with an engine supplier other than Red Bull is therefore off the table. Tost has a clear reason for this.
"We want to continue the synergy process", he explains. That means that the team does not want to work on its own new gearbox or other parts. Earlier today, Renault and Mercedes indicated that they do not supply engines to the Austrian racing team. Ferrari wouldn't rule it out, but Red Bull would have to ask. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.