Autosport: Alfa Romeo will announce contract extension Raikkonen this weekend
By Robert McGillivray 08 October 2020 | 13:44
Autosport has been informed that Alfa Romeo will announce a contract extension for Kimi Raikkonen this weekend. The Finn, whose extension can already be made final on Friday, has an option for an extra year at the Swiss team, which he would like to take.
The single world champion will break the starting record of Rubens Barrichello (332 race starts, ed.) this weekend and does not seem to be done yet in the sport. According to the generally well imported British medium, Raikkonen will also compete for the team from Hinwil in 2021.
Uncertainty about second Alfa Romeo driver
It is also reported that it is not yet clear who will be Raikkonen's teammate next year. An arrival of Sergio Perez seems definitely off the table, only Antonio Giovinazzi and Mick Schumacher are still under consideration.
Ferrari has one of the seats at its disposal in a deal with Alfa Romeo. The Italians do not yet know who they will put in that seat. If they were to choose Giovinazzi, Haas would also be an option for Schumacher Jr.. (Photo: Alfa Romeo Racing)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.