Raikkonen on Nürburgring: "Always had stupid bad luck here"
By Robert McGillivray 07 October 2020 | 06:50
Kimi Raikkonen looks forward to racing at the Nürburgring but has bad memories of the track. The Alfa Romeo driver has raced several times on the German circuit, but said he could never cash in on a victory due to stupid bad luck.
"I think I should have won more than once here," said the Finnish driver at the Swiss team's Grand Prix Preview. Raikkonen thinks there wasn't much to be done about the missed victories. "It was just stupid bad luck, but that's also part of racing."
Although he is eager for improvement, it seems unlikely that a midfield team like Alfa Romeo can compete at the head of the field. "But in the end you just have to do your job. I think we've made progress, but we need to improve a bit more in qualifying," says the driver.
Teammate Giovinazzi with more confidence
Meanwhile, Raikkonen's teammate, Antonio Giovinazzi, has gained more confidence in his qualities. "The last races went better and better. If we do our job as we should, we'll be fighting in midfield", the Italian predicts. In any case he has experience at the Nürburgring: "I have achieved a victory here and several podiums". (Photo: Alfa Romeo Racing)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.