Ricciardo: "Cold temperatures can cause a crazy race"
By Robert McGillivray 06 October 2020 | 13:29
Daniel Ricciardo believes there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding the upcoming Grand Prix of Eifel. The first real autumn weekend of the season the Australian expects to have a very unusual race ahead.
"The weather forecast suggests that it will be quite cold and wet. That will be significantly different from our last races, in which it was warm almost every weekend", the Renault rider opens in conversation with MotorsportWeek.
In 2020 the drivers will not have driven a single race in real cold. The temperature is expected to be between five and ten degrees on Saturday and Sunday. It will be interesting to see how the cars behave in these cool conditions.
Ricciardo wants to keep the current form
"Given the time of year, I think we are going to have an unpredictable weekend and possibly a crazy race. Rain or not, I'm ready for it!" After a P5 in Sochi in Germany, Ricciardo will probably compete again for points at the front of midfield.
"We hope to be able to continue the positive trend of the past few weeks in Germany," says the former Red Bull Racing rider hopefully. "The current Formula 1 cars are extremely fast, so racing at the Nürburgring will be entertaining." (Photo: Renault Sport Media)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.