Ferrari to focus on just one part for the rest of the season
By Srihari HS 05 October 2020 | 07:04
After delivering the planned updates for the Nürburgring race, the Scuderia will focus on improving only one main part: the diffuser. Team boss Mattia Binotto does not yet know when they will start this development work.
“We will concentrate mainly on the diffuser for the rest of the season”, Binotto explained to Italian site Corriere dello Sport. The diffuser is an essential part of the downforce of a car, and hence crucial in Formula 1.
Ferrari is now focussed on the Eifel Grand Prix. “We will have other updates at the Nurburgring, but once again they will not be very big updates,” the Ferrari team boss acknowledged. Still, the improvements may make a difference for Sebastian Vettel and Charles Leclerc: “They will still be important for us, considering the level of competitiveness.”
When will they start?
Although the improvements to the diffuser are planned for “after the race at the Nürburgring”, Binotto is not yet sure when the engineers will start working. “We have not yet defined from which Grand Prix,” the Italian admitted.
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.