Kvyat: "I think we will talk to Red Bull sometime this month"
By Tomas Mota 03 October 2020 | 11:55
Daniil Kvyat expects to have contract negotiations with Red Bull Racing in October. The AlphaTauri driver has to admit that his season with the sister team has been disappointing, but speaks of "unusual circumstances" and not of his own shortcomings.
"I think we will talk to Red Bull sometime this month", said the Russian driver, according to Motorsport Nextgen. It is expected that a seat will not be given immediately within this period: "We are just in the middle of the season, so I am not really nervous."
Kvyat's season has been quite disappointing compared to his teammate Pierre Gasly. Gasly managed to score three times as many points and even won a Grand Prix. "I'm not unlucky, I prefer to talk about unusual circumstances", says Kvyat. "Sometimes it's an advantage, sometimes it's not. This year the circumstances are very often against me."
Uncertainty at Red Bull and AlphaTauri
It is still unclear who drives where in the two Red Bull teams. Max Verstappen is the only one who is sure of a seat, while Kvyat, Gasly and Alexander Albon are not yet sure. There are also a number of Red Bull pupils ready to make their debut in Formula 1. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.