Racing Point criticizes Vettel’s situation: ‘He’s not in good hands at the moment’
By Srihari HS 01 October 2020 | 11:52
Racing Point believes that Sebastian Vettel is not in good hands with Ferrari. The team, which will change its name to Aston Martin next year, reports that they would be better at dealing with the four-time world champion. Technical director Andy Green thinks that the German can quickly regain his speed.
“We are simply the best team when it comes to making the U-turn and getting the drivers back on track,” Green explained to Motorsport Total. This makes it easier for Vettel to focus on driving, instead of the situation at Ferrari. “I think his head is not in good hands at the moment,” Green said.
At Aston Martin, Vettel has to get back to the top level. “We are the best team to do that with him,” says the British technician. And the Ferrari driver is also going to help them move up: “We want someone who has already been there and made it and who can show us what it takes. What does it take to win races? To win the title? I think it will give the whole team a whole new dynamic.”
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.