Alfa Romeo continues to fight: "Feeling is good, but we're not fast enough"
By Robert McGillivray 01 October 2020 | 07:32
Kimi Raikkonen and Antonio Giovinazzi agree that the gap to midfield is getting smaller for Alfa Romeo. The team tries to fight its way back into midfield, as the start of the season was anything but pleasant.
After the Russian Grand Prix, Giovinazzi has the feeling that Alfa Romeo is getting closer and closer to midfield. "I think the last race was very positive for us. We had a good start, but in the end the eleventh place was the maximum possible for us", the Italian commented to Formula1.com.
"I'm also happy with the feeling I got when I was in the car. I was able to set a good pace on both compounds. Now we have to make sure we keep this feeling and keep 'pushing".
Raikkonen less hopeful, but sees progress
"The car behaved relatively well", the Finn begins his race. "We had a good pace in the end, but it is and remains difficult to catch up with people in Russia. So qualifying remains crucial for the Swiss team from Hinwil. If you don't make the necessary lap on Saturday, you won't break any pots on Sunday. The feeling was good, but we're not fast enough yet". (Photo: Alfa Romeo F1 Media)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.