Autohebdo: 'Red Bull does not want to lose Honda'
By Srihari HS 30 September 2020 | 19:01
"Clearly in Pierre Gasly's shadow, Kvyat, who has more than a hundred races on the counter, could not be chosen over Yuki Tsunoda," the French motorsport site predicted.
Although Kvyat finished his home race in a tight eighth place, he is mainly disappointing this season. At 26, it also seems as if he has already had his best years in the sport. One fact also works against him enormously: "Tsunoda is part of the Honda training program."
The 20-year-old is doing well in Formula 2 and is seen as the person Honda can use to strengthen its presence in the sport. "Red Bull especially does not want to lose its engine manufacturer," the site concluded. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.