Ambitious AlphaTauri drivers: 'We can compete for podiums regularly'
By Srihari HS 30 September 2020 | 14:57
"I think the team will be a regular candidate for the top ten," Gasly told Motorsport. This is a big step forward for a team that usually competed for the breadcrumbs of the midfield in 2019.
Nevertheless, a bigger leap does not seem self-evident, according to the Frenchman: "But we should also not underestimate the knowledge and facilities that the top teams have built up in recent years. That's something they already have ready, and we don't." The budget ceiling will reduce this problem, but according to the recent Grand Prix winner that will take a while.
Kvyat is looking forward to 2022
Kvyat, whose presence on the starting grid in 2021 was questioned by many, is looking forward to the moment when his team can make that leap: "With the new rules, I think there are serious opportunities to get closer to the top, to race and regularly compete for podiums." (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.