Albon: "Many drivers play political games, Max does not"
By Robert McGillivray 29 September 2020 | 12:49
Alexander Albon is happy that his teammate, Max Verstappen, is not playing political games. The Dutchman keeps out of the questions about the future of his teammate, the latter is very pleased with this.
"To be honest, if you work with him one-on-one, you find out that Verstappen just stands for what he says," Albon noted in a conversation with Sky Sports after the Russian Grand Prix. "I know a lot of drivers who create political games, Max doesn't."
In their own words, the two Red Bull Racing drivers get along very well: "We get along well. My feedback is similar to his and it is good to have someone next to me like Verstappen," says Albon.
Verstappen keeps out
It became clear a few weeks ago that Verstappen does not ask questions about Albon: "Helmut Marko and Christian Horner have indicated for a long time that they do not want to change anything within the team. As far as I'm concerned, that's fine", the nine-time Grand Prix winner told ORF at the time. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.