Verstappen: "Made some adjustments for my second run"
By Tomas Mota 26 September 2020 | 17:25
Max Verstappen is satisfied with second place on the grid for the Russian Grand Prix after a good final run in qualifying. The Dutchman managed to surprise by lapping a 1:31.867, that put him ahead of Valtteri Bottas. With this, Verstappen has a great starting position for the race on the medium tyres.
Afterwards, Verstappen indicated that he had difficulty with the balance of the car, and explained more about this during the press conference. "I mainly had trouble attacking the corners well, because it was precisely in those places that I had a lot of understeer. Fortunately, that did improve during qualifying", says the Red Bull driver.
Ultimately, Verstappen managed to surprise with a fast second time in Sochi. "For my second run in Q3, we made some adjustments, which gave me more grip. On this track you need a lot of grip at the entrance to the corners. That was a nice lap to drive", the Limburger concludes.
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.