Report FP3 | Hamilton fastest, Renault quick again, Verstappen sixth
By Robert McGillivray 26 September 2020 | 13:01
The third and final free practice for the Russian Grand Prix is over. The fastest time was driven by Lewis Hamilton, with 1:33,279. Teammate Valtteri Bottas was 0.776 seconds slower and set the second-fastest time. Max Verstappen clocked the sixth fastest time, 1.027 seconds from Hamilton.
In the first part of the session it was Renault again that was quick. Verstappen came out late and drove few laps. On his first timed lap, he was just 0.017 seconds slower than Bottas, who had the fastest time at the time. It brought Verstappen the second lap time.
The second part of qualifying traditionally lent itself well to qualifying simulations. Hamilton showed that he can suddenly come out on top, as he turned out to be significantly faster than anyone else. Verstappen also pushed for a fast lap, but that didn't quite work out. In the end he was 1.027 seconds slower than Hamilton. (Photo: Getty Images/Red Bull Content Pool)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.