Raikkonen remains loyal to Alfa Romeo in 2021
By Robert McGillivray 26 September 2020 | 05:04
Formula 1 doesn't seem to be rid of cult hero Kimi Raikkonen yet. The Finnish driver, who this weekend equals Rubens Barrichello for the record of most Grands Prix, remains loyal to his current employer for the 2021 season, according to renowned journalist Roger Benoit of the Swiss medium Blick.
Fans can expect an announcement from the Alfa Romeo Formula 1 team that Raikkonen will remain active in the royal class of motor racing next season, following the Grand Prix weekend in Russia. This may also mean the departure of Antonio Giovinazzi, as Ferrari would like to appoint one of its juniors.
Mick Schumacher, son of Michael Schumacher, seems to be sitting on the hot seat for Giovinazzi's seat. Rumours are further reinforced by the fact that the leader of the Formula 2 standings this season will be driving a free practice session at the Nürburgring for the Swiss team. (Photo: Alfa Romeo Racing Media)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.