Kvyat about audience at home race: "Difficult to believe this"
By Robert McGillivray 25 September 2020 | 05:02
Daniil Kvyat is happy to have an audience at his home race in Russia. At the Sochi Autodrom no less than 30,000 fans will be present for the Grand Prix, a privilege for the Russian driver, he explains at the Thursday press conference. Despite the coronavirus, he has confidence in the safety of the spectators.
"It's a great opportunity for any driver to have a home race," Kvyat kicks off in Sochi. The Russian Grand Prix in 2020 will be his sixth race on the circuit: "It's hard to believe, but it's really cool to see spectators here now."
The thousands of fans with Russian flags on the stands gives the AlphaTauri driver a lot of motivation. It's also a reminder of how great it is what we're doing here." according to the Russian. He's not worried about the coronavirus: "The FIA and Formula 1 are keeping a close eye on this, they've given it a lot of thought."
Kvyat not yet on the podium in Russia
Although Kvyat is in his sixth race on the track, he has never been able to climb the podium in his home race. Fifth place is his best result - the AlphaTauri driver achieved this when he competed for the Red Bull Racing parent team in 2015. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool/Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.