Ricciardo about Verstappen: "Battle axe buried since leaving Red Bull"
By Robert McGillivray 18 September 2020 | 13:49
"Since I left Red Bull Racing, the hatchet has been somewhat buried", the Renault rider remarks when asked about the cooperation with the Limburger, which sometimes ended up in collisions on the track.
The two drivers have not been on the same team for several years now. That has improved the relationship, Ricciardo thinks: "I would say that we get along pretty well now. He is okay, now that he has grown up a bit, it's all right".
Ricciardo had trouble with risky Verstappen
Earlier, the former Red Bull man in The Howie Podcast indicated that he was still sometimes annoyed by the reckless attitude of Verstappen: "I think it had a lot to do with age. Such a young teammate has it's advantages and disadvantages'.
"He didn't care whether he irritated someone or got in their way", concludes Ricciardo. The relationship between the two teammates ignited in Baku in 2018. The Red Bull duo drove each other off the track in turn one. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool/Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.