Painful message from Ferrari President: "We cannot deceive the people"
By Robert McGillivray 14 September 2020 | 09:47
Painful news for Ferrari fans. The Italian superpower is experiencing a catastrophic season and this will not change for the time being, says John Elkann. The President says that in an honest message to the fans.
Ferrari participated in a Formula 1 Grand Prix for the thousandth time last Sunday. With a ninth-place for Charles Leclerc and the tenth place for Sebastian Vettel it was a paltry harvest. "It is not going to get any better soon," President Elkann predicts.
"We can't cheat people with promises we can't keep. 2021 will be another difficult year in which we will try to fight for the podium. But victory will not be possible. However, we improve ourselves in order to be ready with the new regulations in 2022. It's a painful situation that we have to accept to get out of it," said Elkann to La Gazetto dello Sport. (Photo: By Marco Alfa- Wiki Commons)
- 16:07 ‘Verstappen will want to achieve good result at all costs’
- 14:34 Wolff: "Strong qualification pace can be used against us in Sochi"
- 12:56 Red Bull's Honda engine won't get upgrades for rest of the year
- 11:33 Saudi Arabia on the Formula 1 calendar of 2021
- 11:07 Abiteboul: "If Alonso raises something, we'll have to listen"