Ricciardo: "I wasn't thinking about the design for a tattoo, I was thinking about champagne"
By Robert McGillivray 14 September 2020 | 08:54
After, among other things, a safety car, two red flags and two restarts, Ricciardo suddenly found himself back in third place. At that second restart Ricciardo could briefly pass Valtteri Bottas, but the Finn quickly picked up that spot again. Later on Ricciardo had to give in to Albon as well.
The driver of Red Bull Racing had found a good pace. "I wasn't thinking about the design of a tattoo," Ricciardo said, referring to the appointment he has with team boss Cyril Abiteboul. Ricciardo would take a tattoo on his first podium for the French team. "I was thinking about the trophy and champagne. It was warm, so I was thirsty".
- 16:07 ‘Verstappen will want to achieve good result at all costs’
- 14:34 Wolff: "Strong qualification pace can be used against us in Sochi"
- 12:56 Red Bull's Honda engine won't get upgrades for rest of the year
- 11:33 Saudi Arabia on the Formula 1 calendar of 2021
- 11:07 Abiteboul: "If Alonso raises something, we'll have to listen"