Wolff stays with Mercedes: "But don't know yet in what position"
By Robert McGillivray 14 September 2020 | 03:09
Toto Wolff is not planning to leave Mercedes in the near future. In the light of rumours about a possible sale of the Formula 1 team and a potential departure of the Austrian, Wolff says that none of this is about to happen in conversation with Sky Deutschland.
"Indeed, it seems that I am staying, yes. But in what role or function, I don't know yet", the team boss confesses in a mysterious way. Wolff has been at the head of the racing team since 2013 and has won both the drivers' and constructors' championships with the team every year since 2014.
"I have very close ties with the team, but I have to think for myself what the coming years will look like," continues Wolff. "This is not a decision for the short term. But after seven or eight years at the head of the team, I have to consider what is the best decision for the team, the family and the employees". (Photo: Mercedes AMG F1 Media)
- 16:07 ‘Verstappen will want to achieve good result at all costs’
- 14:34 Wolff: "Strong qualification pace can be used against us in Sochi"
- 12:56 Red Bull's Honda engine won't get upgrades for rest of the year
- 11:33 Saudi Arabia on the Formula 1 calendar of 2021
- 11:07 Abiteboul: "If Alonso raises something, we'll have to listen"