Marko disappointed after the race: "We could have won this one"
By Tomas Mota 13 September 2020 | 19:05
Helmut Marko is disappointed with the results of the Grand Prix of Tuscany. The adviser at Red Bull Racing thinks the team could have had better chances to win if Max Verstappen didn't have bad luck with his engine. That gives a nasty aftertaste, just as Alexander Albon clinched his first podium place with the team.
"Of course it's disappointing for us, we had the speed and easily passed Hamilton. Looking at the tire deterioration at the Mercedes, we could have won the race", said Marko at Sky Deutschland.
The breakdown with the car turned out to be fatal for the Red Bull Racing team. "We had a lot of bad luck with the car today, Honda is now investigating what the problem is. It looks like it is the same defect as in Monza. Of course I hope that next time everything will be normal, because we are convinced that we are better than Mercedes!" (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 16:07 ‘Verstappen will want to achieve good result at all costs’
- 14:34 Wolff: "Strong qualification pace can be used against us in Sochi"
- 12:56 Red Bull's Honda engine won't get upgrades for rest of the year
- 11:33 Saudi Arabia on the Formula 1 calendar of 2021
- 11:07 Abiteboul: "If Alonso raises something, we'll have to listen"