Horner praises Albon: "He bounced back spectacularly"
By Tomas Mota 13 September 2020 | 18:53
Christian Horner is delighted that Alexander Albon has won his first podium in Formula 1 . The Red Bull Racing team principal praises his driver after a fine performance at Mugello. Albon came third in the Grand Prix of Tuscany.
"I am very happy for him", Horner says after the race at Sky Sports. "He has had a lot of criticism on his performance in recent weeks, but he has bounced back spectacularly today. He's gotten stronger and stronger lately. Today he had to fight for it, but he's done it."
Despite this, it initially did not seem that Albon had a chance to reach the podium. "His starts today were not good, but he made up for that during the race with powerful actions. Time and time again, he put his car in the right place. This stage will give him a boost of confidence. It is now a matter of building from here."
Albon fits well within Red Bull
Horner is also satisfied with the way Albon fits into the team. "He gives very good feedback when it comes to adjusting the car. He feels the car well. Alex therefore has the respect of the engineers. Results like this only help him. He will have fewer problems with the car after this", Horner predicts. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 16:07 ‘Verstappen will want to achieve good result at all costs’
- 14:34 Wolff: "Strong qualification pace can be used against us in Sochi"
- 12:56 Red Bull's Honda engine won't get upgrades for rest of the year
- 11:33 Saudi Arabia on the Formula 1 calendar of 2021
- 11:07 Abiteboul: "If Alonso raises something, we'll have to listen"