Tost reveals: "Red Bull will soon choose which driver will drive where"
By Robert McGillivray 11 September 2020 | 12:28
Franz Tost thinks Pierre Gasly has a good chance of being promoted to Red Bull Racing again. After the spectacular victory at Monza, the door to the top team is already ajar. The team boss reveals that the decision will be made in October or November.
"By then, Red Bull will be deciding which driver will drive which team," explains AlphaTauri's team boss. By taking the win at Monza, Gasly suddenly has a significant chance of promotion, while Red Bull driver Alexander Albon is criticised for a disappointing performance.
In Monza, the Frenchman made a big impression on the Red Bull summit. "I too have Gasly very high up. He has shown before that he can win races and championships, and in Italy he has confirmed that again", Tost says full of praise.
Opportunities for AlphaTauri at Mugello as well
While the speculations about the situation at Red Bull and AlphaTauri continue for a while, Tost focuses with his drivers mainly on the Grand Prix of Tuscany. "I am confident that we will also do good business here. We have taken some aerodynamic updates with us and are going to see if they work for the AT01". (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool/Getty Images)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.