Official: Renault changes name to "Alpine F1 Team"
By Tomas Mota 06 September 2020 | 11:25
On Sunday morning, Renault came out with the news, just before the race at Monza. With the name change, Renault wants to give their sports brand more publicity. Its official name will be "Alpine F1 Team", and will be equipped with a Renault E-Tech hybrid engine.
Luca de Meo, the CEO of Renault, argues for the name change. “Alpine is a great brand that stands for French class. With the name change, we want to position the brand better on the map because it deserves it. Alpine is a symbol of our excellence."
Light blue in new livery?
The Renault name change had been in the air for a while, because the Renault board may have been looking for a change of course on the Formula 1 project. The team's name change from Esteban Ocon and Daniel Ricciardo is reportedly also accompanied by a different livery, but that has not yet been confirmed. They would like to go back to the blue-yellow colors, with which they achieved their greatest successes. In addition, the "house colour" of the Alpine brand is usually light blue.
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.