Ricciardo believes in third place: "We've come here with confidence"
By Robert McGillivray 04 September 2020 | 03:33
Daniel Ricciardo believes in a third-place for Renault, as he said at the press conference on Thursday. Esteban Ocon also said earlier that he was confident. "Belgium was one of my strongest Grand Prixs so far at Renault," Ricciardo now says.
The circuit in Italy should normally be good for Renault. Ocon and Ricciardo don't dare to say whether a podium finish will really be happening this weekend. "We were close to a podium at Spa," says Ocon. "The car was very competitive there. But we shouldn't think about it too much. A strong weekend like in Belgium is not easy to repeat."
Like his teammate, Ricciardo remains cautious in his predictions for next weekend. "After last week we come here with the necessary confidence, but we'll see," said the former Red Bull rider. The Australian does hope to be able to fight at the top: "Monza lends itself to that". (Photo: Renault Sport Media)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.