Ricciardo hints at constant improvement: 'Have found the sweet spot
By Srihari HS 01 September 2020 | 14:55
Daniel Ricciardo reports that Renault has found constant improvement. While the French team was initially thought to have made strides on circuits with high-speed straights, the Australian believes they will also have the advantage on the twisty circuits.
"There was one session, I think it was in FP2, (in Belgium) where I was like, 'okay we found the sweet spot.' So there is something fundamental which I think we've got a good chokehold on," Ricciardo explained to Autosport. The Australian suddenly had a really good feeling in the RS20: "I thought right away, yes, we have found the sweet spot!"
Even on circuits with higher downforce than Spa-Francorchamps, it should be an advantage for him and his teammate Esteban Ocon. "We can run it on all levels, so I think it's just finding what works best with a high downforce."
"It certainly brings the car alive," the Honey Badger grinned.
Important points in Monza
Renault can score race points on the iconic Monza: it is expected that Ferrari will do little at the Temple of Speed due to a disappointing power unit. The French team is only two points behind the Scuderia and can easily take fifth place in the constructors' championship in Italy. (Photo: Ferrari F1 Media)
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.