Hülkenberg busy with return Formula 1: "will take a few more weeks"
By Adam Wills 24 August 2020 | 12:57
"I've talked to a lot of people since the beginning of this year," Hülkenberg tells AvD Motorsport Magazine. "That has not changed since Silverstone. The talks are going well, but nothing can be said about it yet. It will take a few more weeks."
Hülkenberg is ignoring the role of a reserve driver
Hülkenberg says he does not like the role of being a reserve driver. "I've been in the cockpit for ten years. It makes little sense for me to take a step back without having certainty on a seat," says the former Formula 1 driver.
The 33-year-old driver also discusses Sebastian Vettel's situation. "Seb needs to stay focused. He has to get into his rhythm and stay professional. That is what he has been doing at the moment, as far as I can see," concludes Hülkenberg.
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.