Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"
By Moritz Voss 08 August 2020 | 19:23
Nico Hülkenberg is very satisfied with his third place for 70th Anniversary Grand Prix. Hülkenberg is currently replacing Sergio Perez at Racing Point, who tested positive for the Coronavirus. The fact that the German is able to pull off a top three finish is beyond expectations.
"The last seven days were crazy", Hülkenberg told Paul di Resta. "I felt a lot better in the car this weekend. I was a lot more prepared. Qualifying was difficult, especially in Q2 I made it difficult for myself. I was a little worried that I had damage to the car. After Q3 I am surprised that where I am. I have a big smile on my face."
Hülkenberg is disappointed that he could not take action last weekend. "I will notice during the race that I was unable to drive last weekend. I have not been able to test the start and the car is still new to me. But we will do whatever we can. I try to learn quickly and will try to keep the car where it should be."
- 12/10 Marko is eager to take over Honda engines: "Need a decision from the FIA"
- 12/10 Honda praises Verstappen: "He is able to achieve stable results"
- 12/10 Albon after DNF: "I wasn't very happy with my race"
- 12/10 Marko: "Had Vettel made a proposal, but he wanted to go to Aston Martin"
- 11/10 Verstappen happy with P2: 'Mercedes was too fast'.