RTL Deutschland: Hülkenberg will drive for Racing Point this weekend
By Srihari HS 06 August 2020 | 09:45
Nico Hülkenberg will be driving the Racing Point car during the Seventieth Anniversary Grand Prix, RTL Deutschland has claimed. Sergio Perez is still in quarantine after a positive corona test last week and would not be able to race this weekend.
Although Perez says he feels fit, he can't get out of his isolation in time to drive the Racing Point car at Silverstone this weekend. So his German replacement will occupy the seat next to Lance Stroll.
RTL Deutschland expects confirmation of the news by Thursday. Hülkenberg, who was unable to race for long last week due to technical failure, has been busy with training and simulator work in recent days. It looks like he is getting ready to be in optimal condition for an extended substitution. (photo: Racing Point F1)
- 16:07 ‘Verstappen will want to achieve good result at all costs’
- 14:34 Wolff: "Strong qualification pace can be used against us in Sochi"
- 12:56 Red Bull's Honda engine won't get upgrades for rest of the year
- 11:33 Saudi Arabia on the Formula 1 calendar of 2021
- 11:07 Abiteboul: "If Alonso raises something, we'll have to listen"