Formula 1 confirms: Only one free practice session at Imola
By Robert McGillivray 04 August 2020 | 12:28
Drivers will experience a unique situation at Imola: the training sessions on Friday will be cancelled, so there will only be one free practice session on Saturday morning. The perfect set-up for the cars has to be found within just ninety minutes.
It already became clear earlier that the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix weekend would only last two days. It wasn't clear yet how these two days would be filled in and how many training sessions would be held. Now Formula 1 has confirmed that two training sessions will be cancelled.
Return to Imola
The free practice will take place on Saturday, October 31st, from 10.00 to 11.30. The qualification on Imola will be held from 14:00 onwards. On November 1st at 13:10 it is time for the race: since 2006 there has been no Grand Prix at the circuit. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool/Getty Images)
- 16:07 ‘Verstappen will want to achieve good result at all costs’
- 14:34 Wolff: "Strong qualification pace can be used against us in Sochi"
- 12:56 Red Bull's Honda engine won't get upgrades for rest of the year
- 11:33 Saudi Arabia on the Formula 1 calendar of 2021
- 11:07 Abiteboul: "If Alonso raises something, we'll have to listen"