Leclerc provides a bright spot for Ferrari: "Fourth on medium tires is great".
By Robert McGillivray 01 August 2020 | 16:55
Charles Leclerc is satisfied with the fourth starting position for the British Grand Prix. This season Ferrari didn't show many positive results yet, so it's a ray of hope that Leclerc was able to get the second row of the grid. There is still a lot of work to be done for the Scuderia though.
"I didn't expect to finish on P4 and especially not to start on the mediums," said Leclerc at Sky Sports. "We wanted to try, but we weren't confident we'd make it. To make it is nice and it looks good for the race. We're struggling with our race pace, but the medium tires will help us".
"The wind is making it difficult"
The weather conditions at Silverstone play a big role according to Leclerc, especially since the team hasn't taken any victory yet. "The wind makes it difficult in a Formula 1 car in which you haven't managed to win yet. It was quite consistent during the third free practice and qualifying session, but compared to Friday the wind is completely different. That changes the balance of the car. You have to be able to adapt quickly to that".
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"