Renault breaks curfew, team discovers crack in Ricciardo chassis
By Adam Wills 01 August 2020 | 11:13
The Renault team has broken the curfew to make adjustments to the car due to a crack in Daniel Ricciardo's chassis. The discovery of the crack meant that Renault mechanics had to work between 00:00 and 8:00 to prepare a new chassis.
Based on the regulations, teams are allowed to break the curfew on Saturdays at most twice a year, so Renault will not be punished on this occasion. According to the team, it was a only hairline crack in the chassis, but a new piece is required nonetheless for Ricciardo. He will use it for the rest of the weekend.
Renault brought several new parts for this race to strengthen the car. In the end, Esteban Ocon and Ricciardo managed to put the cars in seventh and eighth position. (Source: Renault F1 Media)
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"