Max happy with Day 1: ‘The car works a lot better’
By Srihari HS 31 July 2020 | 19:51
He topped the first practice, but later in the day, he did not go beyond P14. However, the Dutchman did not have any issue with his timesheet, after the second round. “It was not a bad day for us,” he told Verstappen.nl.
“The car works a lot better, and I am happy with that. There are a few things we can improve on, so we’re going to work on that,” he continued. “The long run didn’t go wrong either, so overall it was a positive day.”
Verstappen did not have a lot of luck during the second free practice and got stuck at the fourteenth place. In a flying lap, he was hindered by Romain Grosjean, and moments later he had to break off another flying lap attempt when teammate Alexander Albon crashed. (Photo: Red Bull Content Pool / Getty Images)
- 11:22 Steiner puts focus on Mercedes: "They gave data to Racing Point while that is not allowed"
- 11:13 Verstappen explains tire strategy: "That's why I wanted to go for the hardest option"
- 08/08 Update | Bottas disagrees with Wolff about Verstappen's strategy: "Good tire for the race"
- 08/08 Update | Verstappen after different strategy: "It will certainly not be bad tomorrow"
- 08/08 Hülkenberg describes feelings after a great P3 in qualifying as: "Madhouse!"